Tuesday September 8 – October 6, 2015
“The Five Pillars of Spirituality” is intended both to introduce newer congregants to the key spiritual practices encouraged in our Center, as well as to provide a “spiritual practice boost” to those already practicing. As this is a short course (five, 2-hour classes), it is accessible to those who are not able to attend a 10-week accredited course.
Five Pillars of a Spiritual Life include:
- Spiritual Study which expands understanding through reading, study, investigation and reflection.
- Affirmative Prayer is active communion with the Divine. This practice emphasizes affirmation, affirmative prayer and devotional prayer.
- Meditation increases awareness of the Divine Presence through contemplation, concentration, focus and other meditative techniques.
- Circulation encourages right relationship to the flow of life through balancing giving, receiving, asking, forgiving and gratitude.
- SEVA (Selfless Service) is the practice of serving others without expectation of reward or of a specific result.
Tuesdays, September 8th – October 6th, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Facilitated by Rev. Dr. Heather Clark
Tuition: Love Offering