Dr. Heather starts a new class, Power of Your Word, on Tuesdays starting October 30, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The Power of Your Word runs for 8 weeks offering an introduction to affirmative prayer and designed to teach the basics.
Thrilled to be teaching this class, Dr. Heather says it focuses on her favorite spiritual practice…Spiritual Mind Treatment! Although she hasn’t taught this class before, she has used both of the texts for other classes. “How to Use the Science of Mind is one of Dr. Holmes best works,” she said. “We will have amazing results and insights!”
The class focuses on two types of prayer:
- Conscious, directed prayer: emphasizing affirmations and treatments
- Unconscious, indirect prayer: emphasizing known and unknown beliefs.
Upon completion of the class, students will be able to:
- Identify the underlying factors of effective prayer.
- Describe prayer content.
- Write affirmations and treatments that address personal desires and needs.
- Identify any personal limiting beliefs.
- Describe situations in which they interrupt their prayers.
- Describe how to pray continuously.
- Design a spiritual practice that will continue to feed personal prayer.
Recommended prerequisite: SOM 101 & 102, Foundations or Beyond Limits
- Journal (can be an existing one)
- Student Workbook
- How to Use the Science of Mind, Ernest Holmes
- Can We Talk to God?, Ernest Holmes