How You Feel Matters
I’ve been a member of our Center for nearly 15 years and in that time my spiritual work primarily has been focused on growing a prosperity consciousness. I’ve had glimmers of success, but not a complete healing (up until now.)
This year I declared…This is IT! I’m going to heal myself from this situation and prove the principle. Why? Because quite honestly I’m tired of constantly trying to fix my money situation. I’m tired of feeling like a victim, broke and struggling. And there you go folks…the truth of the whole situation. If that’s how I’m constantly feeling…what do you think I’m manifesting? Yep…you guessed it…victim, broke and struggling.
The conundrum is how do you create a feeling of success and prosperity when you are staring at a mountain of bills or a dwindling bank account. I found a five-step process that I’m going to try this month and you are welcome to join me. It can be adapted for any condition you desire to heal…health, relationships, career, etc.
1. Identify something in your life right now that makes you feel what you want to create. For me that feeling would be prosperous but for you it could be healthy, loved or successful. An example, I feel prosperous when there is plenty of anything in my life, like plenty of cat food or coffee grounds to make my morning coffee. Interestingly, according to Ingrid Fetell Lee, author of Joyful, abundance in our environment brings us joy. She writes, “My view is that a preference for abundance is a natural residue of generations of evolution in an environment where “too much of a good thing” conferred greater chances of survival.” If you want to read more, check out her blog about joyful abundance.
2. Feel how it feels to be prosperous, healthy, loved or successful. Connect your thinking brain by noticing the thing from #1 with the emotion associated with it. For me I sit and bask in that feeling of plenty as I pour from a full pot of coffee. It makes me feel peaceful, joyful and grateful.
3. Next, show your subconscious mind that you already have what you want to create more of by adding one small thing to your life that helps you feel the feeling. In my case, I could be an extra bag of coffee grounds or a Costco size of anything important in my daily life.
4. Then boost your faith and trust in the Universe using simple affirmations like, “I know and feel complete trust that my prosperity (health, relationship, success) is continuing.”
5. Lastly, show the Universe you are serious about creating this in your life by acting as if it were true. I know this step is important because I have experienced it in my life so many times. Little side story…years ago I wanted a new teaching job. I was told that I was not qualified for it. I went out and bought a lesson plan book and began writing lesson plans for the classes I would one day teach. Within days, the person who had said I was not qualified changed her mind and a few weeks later I had the teaching job I wanted. I know that is an important step.
If you are challenged to notice the good in your life in order to manifest more of it, try these five steps. A gratitude journal is another wonderful way to recalibrate your thinking by putting your attention on all the love, joy and prosperity already appearing in your life.
In September Dr. Heather will continue to explore Spiritual Mind Treatment from the podium, sharing how feeling adds to the effectiveness of our affirmative prayers. It’s the special sauce that takes spiritual mind treatment to the next level. You definitely don’t want to miss a Sunday.